Sunday, April 26, 2015

Selling Property

I recently created a web site to sell my house. The property in question is located in French Creek between Parksville and Qualicum Beach. Initially I used BC Island Homes, but I was not satisfied with the presence it got in google searches for properties in Parksville or Qualicum Beach. Then I tried kijiji. This was much more successfull but for a short period of time. It seems kijiji's business model is to give you a taste of the good times then get you to pay to keep it up. Which I might add is fair enough. Well to try and get a bit more attention I tried usedpqb . The Used... web sites are not as refined as kijiji but it is much the same thing.

Setting up the web site was not too difficult mainly because I already had a site left over from my company. I scooped up the rosemount-close.ca url for a princely sum of 15 cad for the year and created a subdomain to host the content. I grabbed a free template from the net and cut it down untill I had a basic page. I copied the text my wife had created for the bcih page and added some photos.

So now that I had my own web site I wanted to see how well it was being recieved. I looked for a simple hit counter, but being neurotic, did not want to use one of the many host sites to implement it. I remembered google analytics from previous work and decided to check it out. I created an account pasted the code snipet into my web page and hey presto nothing happened. It was getting late so I left it until the next day when the magic started to happen. Patience is not my strong point.

Flushed with success and really impressed with GA I decided to write a blog. And why not :)

No comments:

Post a Comment